May 29, 2015

This week and last 5/29

What a busy month!  It's almost over though, but I'm sure June will prove to be pretty full as well.  Last blog post, I mentioned Thomm being a guest at the Pine Bush UFO festival, which we went to and had some fun. The NY Post even recorded his talk and gave him an interview!  I haven't seen any of the footage yet but I can't wait - I never get to see his talks as I always have to be minding the table while he's gone.  


Last weekend was also eventful as we went all the way to Lancaster, PA to celebrate a friend's marriage. It was lovely and the rest of the trip was great too.  On our way to the B&B, we even got to see some teams of draft horses plowing large fields - each team had at least 5 or 6 horses so it was quite impressive to see.

Around the farm these past couple weeks, buds and flowers have started popping up and almost all of the first round of transplants are finally in the ground.  I have a ton of extras though, so I'm hoping to bring some to the Tivoli Library's plant sale on Saturday. Hopefully, they won't mind that the leftovers have gotten all mixed up so I'm not certain of the varieties yet - except for the Tiny-Tim tomatoes. Those are easy to figure out as they're so tiny! 


I've also come across a few herbal surprises on the farm near my plot (or in it), as someone used to grow some herbs there as well - specifically lemon balm was growing happily where I wanted to plant squash, yarrow under the apple tree, comfrey by the fence, and some chamomile growing in a nearby field like a weed!  


On top of all that, I got a first sketch for the next pickup's artwork. It may have rambled a bit from my original idea, but I love how it's turning out.  The pickup is less then a month away, so be sure to sign-up soon so you don't miss out on a print of this finished piece and a ton of other great gifts.  



Thanks for reading, I hope you have a great week!  Oh, and did you know the wild strawberries are ripe?  I had never seen any before this season, so I may have taken a bit too much time collecting them from around the farm this evening, but they are really tasty so it's worth it.

Enjoy!
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment