June 7, 2015

This Week 6/7

The week started out rainy, but it's gorgeous out today!  I hope you're getting a chance to enjoy it.  Personally, I'm sitting outside typing this up and ignoring all the other things I should be doing instead.

I do have some big news for you, though!  As of the beginning of this month, I started renting a studio space in the back of the Red Hook Community Arts Network gallery.  So I spent much of this week painting it the perfect shade of blue, but I still have a long way to go until it's perfect.  Well, maybe not too long. I just need to paint the white parts, touch up the floor, put up shelving, a work table, and other storage and then actually put in the artwork.  One of the best part of all this, other than my ability to permanently display my work rather than just having it sitting in boxes around my apartment, is that I may be using it as a secondary pickup location in case the winter pickups turn out to be too cold or snowy to keep doing an outdoor tent.




This week at the farm, though, has been pretty laid back because of the rain, but it was perfect weather on Thursday to prepare more ground for squash transplants.  I've also begun my weeding process, as some plants had been completely engulfed by them (although most of them didn't seem to mind).  I find it interesting how useful weeds can be. Many having been planted intentionally at some point but I just can't have mint and lamb's quarters smothering the flowers - even if they are delicious.  So everything is growing up strong but all at their own pace.  Tiny tomatoes are even starting to form. I can't wait to taste them.


Back in art world - I worked out the details of the next pickups artwork and now it's ready to be inked and colored.  I guess my studio isn't quite ready for me to do all the work on it there, but hopefully for the next one, it will be.



I hope you all have a lovely week!
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Julie I HawkinsonJune 7, 2015 at 9:24 PM

    Congratulations. It looks like you are doing a wonderful job on the studio.

    ReplyDelete