April 7, 2015

This week 4/6

     I hope everyone had a great day yesterday, whether or not you celebrate Easter!  For us, this weekend was full of egg coloring, hunting, and playing with our nieces and nephews, so it was a ton of fun. Our youngest niece was even able to find her own eggs this year (with a fair amount of pointing from Thomm and me). Last year, she couldn't even walk.



Other than that, my week was full of farm work. I spent the week filling more seed flats, which are now covering most of our apartment as well as some of the greenhouse. Plus, it's finally gotten warm enough to start clearing the other field for planting!  It's got quite a few stubborn weeds and small trees that need pulling, so it's going to be a lot of work, but it's good to be outside working again, slowly building back my muscles and getting better nights of sleep again.  And now that my car can make it all the way up the driveway there again, I'll be able to bring some tools to make it a bit easier.

It's also looking that almost everything I transplanted last year survived the winter and has started growing new shoots or greening up - I can't wait until everything starts being vibrantly alive again.

The bulbs are certainly becoming big, and a few are even showing some buds, so hopefully there will be a bunch of flowers to go into the first CSA shares.  Can you believe the first pick-up is less than a month away!?  There is still some time to sign-up and secure your spot in this pickup, but you should hurry or there won't be enough artwork made to go around!

Well I best get back to planting seeds, Enjoy!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment