April 21, 2015

This week 4/21

Rainy days are great for playing catch-up for the things I've been neglecting inside in favor of working outside. It's a shame that I can't transplant more right now though, as there are plenty of starts ready to go out, but what can you do?  Plus, I'm sure Thomm is glad to have me doing dishes again!



 Just before this spot of rain, I did get out to plant some peas and transplant some calendula, chervil, and violas.  I also had quite a shock when digging a hole for a chervil: out came a toad!  This farm has much more diverse wildlife than the community garden did (and no groundhogs so far, too) which I definitely take as a good sign.



The daffodils have started blooming all over the place, and even the tulips are showing buds. I'm so happy to have fresh flowers back in our home, brightening up the place and giving off sweet scents.



As for all those roots I had dug up last week, I got them all washed and dried!  I still have to try the dandelion root tea, but don't worry about me drinking it all. I've got a whole other bucket full of roots to prepare.



We're coming up on the first pickup!  So don't forget it - April 30th 4-7 - I can't wait to see everyone who shows up.

Enjoy,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment