February 28, 2015

Last week &This week 2/28/14

Happy CSA signup day!! If you haven't signed-up yet, what are you waiting for?  If you wait to long, you might miss out!

Anyway, last weekend I was at Vassar college participating in NScon and selling my wares (and then spending that money on bubble tea!) so I didn't get a chance to write a blog post. I did get a lot of reading done, though, and I've really been enjoying Gaia's Garden by Toby Hemenway.  It's all about permaculture and ecological landscape design and super interesting. I can't wait to start implementing some of the things I'm learning.  




Earlier in the week, I was able to start about two flats of seeds, some with very interesting shapes like the question marks of calendulas and the tiny brushes of bachelor button seeds. The calendulas sprouted with a vengeance while I was at the convention.  I was also able to start white sage, asters, gomphrena, snapdragons, lemon balm, and a few others including one that's a surprise from a flower that popped up in my garden last year. Maybe I'll find out what it is this time.

This week, I only started two kinds of tomatoes and rue - I actually have about 6 different tomato varieties to start this year from cherry to sauce types but the rest will have to wait until next week.  I've also been busy potting up the seedlings to give them more room. Some have even started to grow their second sets of true leaves. They grow up so fast!  Some of these tiny seedlings will grow to several feet tall in just a few months, I wonder if any will get taller than me.

Hope you're having a great week!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment